The Root of the Problem Between Dina Manzo and Caroline is Jacqueline Laurita (Updated November 9, 2014)
The simple truth about the feud between Jacqueline Laurita and Dina Manzo:
1. Dina didn’t like Jacqueline to begin with because Chris was engaged to Dina’s friend, Jen (the nail girl at the Nisha Spa, still owned by Dina’s ex-husband and Lexi’s father, George Hadjiapostoli, along with his current wife), when Chris knocked up Jacqueline in 2001 on one of his trips to Las Vegas.
2. At the table flip dinner in the final episode of season 1, The Last Supper (click here for the video), Jacqueline spilled the beans about who revealed the book that Danielle’s ex-husband wrote, Cop Without a Badge, claiming Dina was the one who brought it to the salon, Chateau in Franklin Lakes, to show it to everyone, and she told Dina she wasn’t going to lie for her anymore. Then Jacqueline started in on Caroline about Dina, saying: “You came to me and you were like, ‘I know what Dina is, don’t you think I know what she is, I know.’ You were like, ‘Feel sorry for her, feel sorry.’ How could I feel sorry for her when you know what she is? You said you knew too (Caroline tries to interrupt her but Jacqueline continues with a sly grin, pointing at Caroline), and your husband said he knew.” Earlier, Jacqueline had screamed at Dina: “The whole town knows about you!”
3. Jacqueline implied during the season 1 finale that Dina had a business arrangement, not a real marriage, with Tommy (who cheated on her both before and after their marriage) and that Tommy agreed to marry Dina on camera for VH1’s ‘My Big Fat Fabulous Wedding’ to help launch her reality TV career. For Al and Tommy, The Brownstone would be prominently featured as the event facility for the wedding, which would lead to an increase in bookings, so Tommy’s (and Al and Caroline’s) motivation was to boost revenue for the family business. The VH1 wedding special was taped in 2005-2006 and aired in 2007, which was the same year Dina signed her Bravo contract for RHONJ, so it did launch her career. The RHONJ casting story is that Dina and Jacqueline were chosen for the original cast, then Dina recruited Teresa, and then Jacqueline suggested two other mutual friends. When the two other friends dropped out, Jacqueline suggested Caroline, and production found Danielle Staub when they were scouting the Chateau salon in Franklin Lakes. Tommy, who played his part by marrying Dina on camera, wanted nothing more to do with reality TV and declined to participate in RHONJ, but Al decided to make some cameo appearances to help promote The Brownstone.
4. Sometime in 2008, Jacqueline told Danielle that Dina had forged Lexi’s dad’s signature on a contract, which gave permission for Bravo to tape her, and this is why Caroline went off on Danielle during reunion 1, while Dina pleaded with Caroline to stop.
5. Dina threatened to quit RHONJ unless Danielle was fired but the rest wouldn’t stand in solidarity with her, so she left on her own in the midst of taping season 2. Dina told Life & Style in July 2010: “My ex husband was well aware of Lexi’s involvement in the show. She would often call him with details after a day of shooting.” However once the show aired and her ex saw the content, he allegedly decided he wanted Lexi off the air. It was this moment, according to Dina, when Danielle began to spread malicious lies in an attempt to turn Lexi’s dad against Dina. “She told my ex’s family that I’d actually forged his signature on the contracts, which I did not,” Dina said. “She knew she could work on his emotions, so she supplied him with every phone number of everybody he’d need to follow through with a lawsuit — contacts at Bravo, our production crew and her attorneys.” According to Dina, her ex-husband didn’t believe Danielle’s tales and never went forward with filing a lawsuit. “She thought more would come of it, like I could lose custody,” Dina explained. “She just wanted to hurt me.” Dina also told Life & Style that Danielle continued to spread lies about her, and she felt as if she had no choice but to quit the show. “Now she’s telling people my ex-husband is suing me and that Bravo fired me because of that,” she claimed, adding that Danielle has been spreading new lies that Dina’s current husband, Tommy, left her and lives with a younger girlfriend. “Tommy lives right here with me and is happy as a clam,” she said. “Things are better than ever.”
6. In September 2010, Jacqueline passed along a story to blogger Lynn Hudson that Project Ladybug did not have 501(c)(3) status, causing problems for Dina just as her charity was getting launched.
7. Dina had her gay brother’s wedding lined up for her HGTV show, and Caroline snagged it for Bravo instead for RHONJ season 4.
8. For years, Jacqueline has posted and retweeted negative tweets about Dina and has fed biased stories against Dina to bloggers and tabloids, often using gossip monger Tom Murro to disseminate her version of the feud; and Dina’s blood relatives, Chris and Caroline, have done nothing to stop Jacqueline.
9. After four years of refusing to make her family’s issues public, Dina broke her silence in Part 1 of the Season 6 Reunion Special (in her Bravo blog Dina wrote: “An incident happened at the reunion, and I won’t even give that person the attention they crave, but it set me off to tell my truth. Well some of it at least”). She told Andy Cohen that Chris contacted her after he heard about her divorce and they arranged to meet, but that lasted all of 15 minutes because Jacqueline insisted she be present. She also mentioned that neither Chris or Caroline attended her daughter Lexi’s graduation party and that she and Lexi were not invited to Lauren’s engagement party. Also, Dina implied that during season 1 and season 2 Jacqueline was manipulating Danielle Staub behind-the-scenes by telling her stories about Dina, which caused friction between the two. This is obvious when you watch the final episode of season 1, The Last Supper. Jacqueline screamed that she was told it was Dina who showed the book to everyone at the salon, and she exclaimed that the same person who told her that it was Dina also told Danielle that it was Dina. Dina yelled at Jacqueline: “You pretend to be her [Danielle’s] friend. That’s why you have to say this!” Jacqueline yelled back at her: “You brought it over to me!” Dina then stood up and, as she walked way, said to Jacqueline: “You are two-faced, two-faced; you’re not her friend (pointing toward Danielle).” Jacqueline shouted back at Dina, “You’re two-faced. You’re such a liar Dina! I’m not covering for you anymore!” As Dina responded back, “You never did,” Jacqueline continued her rant and screamed, “The whole town knows about you!” Caroline shouted: “Jacqueline, Jacqueline, enough!”
10. Caroline is turning on Dina now that Dina has addressed, on camera, her issues with Jacqueline (see November 3, 2014 update below). If Chris and Caroline don’t keep appeasing Jacqueline, she’ll do to them what she is doing, and continues to do, to Dina (and has done to Danielle and Teresa). With the business fraud hanging over his head, Chris needs to keep Jacqueline under control (remember him getting caught on camera lurking, keeping a close eye on Jacqueline). And Caroline, for Chris’ sake and the sake of his children, is siding with Jacqueline over Dina. Jacqueline keeps the “receipts.” She saves information such as texts to use as ammunition when she needs it. She knows where the bodies are buried. Jacqueline herself admits that she gets nasty when she perceives that someone has hurt her. Furthermore, Jacqueline wants her feud with Dina to be public so she can generate interest in the family fight and give herself a storyline for season 7. Because the Lauritas need the money, Chris must have agreed to sell-out his sister Dina for a storyline. Melissa, Kathy and the Marcheses also seem to have their eyes targeted on Dina for a storyline for season 7 (the Housewives have a mob mentality and tend to gang up on one person, and with Teresa going to the pokey, they see Dina as their best option), but Dina has stated she won’t be returning for another season. In her Bravo blog, Dina wrote: “Kathy and Melissa should not have challenged me about ‘family values’ if they don’t want to hear my side.” Dina also wrote: “I have no words for my sister on WWHL. She could have answered the no engagement question and left it at that. The lies that followed after were extremely hurtful and must have come from the sheer frustration of having to defend her position on the engagement party. All of you have seen I have ONLY ever said positive things about her no matter what I was feeling.”
UPDATE NOVEMBER 3, 2014: Dina Manzo made the video below, “Dina’s Truth, The Reunion Part 1,” and published it on youtube and her website on November 2nd.
Caroline Manzo was a guest on WWHL after Part 1 of the Season 6 Reunion Special for RHONJ premiered on November 2, 2014. After host Andy Cohen showed Caroline a montage from the reunion special of Dina’s comments about her conflicts with Jacqueline and Caroline, Caroline explained her point of view. The following is a transcript from Reality Tea.
“It’s true I didn’t invite her to Lauren’s engagement party, for good reason. First of all, I’m embarrassed, I’m mortified that I even have to say this, because you and I both know I have come at you hard when anyone tries to discuss this. But I have to defend myself now at this point. Over the past four, five years Dina has never attended any family functions at all [in fairness, there are photos of Dina with multiple siblings (see photo below) and her parents, so perhaps Caroline is referring to the functions held by the Manzo side of the family]. We’ve got nieces and nephews that are three, four, five years old that she doesn’t know. She didn’t go to my brother Jamie’s wedding [in fairness, of the 11 Laurita siblings, besides Jamie, only two, Caroline and Chris, attended, probably because they were on the cast of RHONJ for that season], babies were born, baptisms, graduations, birthdays. Not just me, not just Chris.”
Caroline said that less than ten minutes after Lauren got engaged, the first person she called was Lexi (Dina’s daughter). Lexi said to Lauren, “I’m so happy, my mom says congratulations.” Caroline continued: “That was in November; the party was in April. From November through April, not a word.”
Andy then said that it seems like Dina is willing to reconcile after she mentioned that she’d do a cooking show with Caroline. Caroline replied: “No, I’m a package deal. I come with everybody. You may have issues with somebody, but you don’t dismiss someone in your family. You don’t say, ‘I’m giving you a choice, I’m giving you an option. The only way you and I can have a relationship is if you cut someone out of your life.’ That’s my brother’s wife. Chris was given the same ultimatum. You can understand the gravity of that. This is a man that has a son that has special needs and you’re saying to him to leave his wife in order for you to have a relationship with him. The same little boy that she walked past two weeks ago at a party [if Dina hasn’t attended a family function in five years, how did she ignore Nick a couple of weeks ago at a family wedding?]. And how you cannot take that baby and hug him and tell him you love him, I don’t understand that. So I have to say I don’t want the cooking show. I don’t care about TV, I don’t care about what the papers say. I want my family back. And I have done everything in my power to make that happen and so have the rest of us. Dina has to grow up.”
Right after Caroline shared her perspective on the family feud, Jacqueline Laurita tweeted (among other things): “Wow! Caroline, I know how hard that was for you to speak up. I Love you! XOXO! Hope it can be put to rest now. Too much hurt for too long.”
For some reason, Kathy Wakile thought it was her place to jump into the Lauritas’ family conflict, tweeting, “You go Caroline, always telling it like it is!”
According to a source, Caroline and Jacqueline are not fans of the Gorgas or the Wakiles:
“The Gorgas and Wakiles are about…THEMSELVES…such famewhores. They came out of the gate thinking they would steal the show. What they really did was help Bravo turn the show from fun to dark. Caroline and Jacqueline don’t try to out-do Melissa or Kathy. Melissa is a piece of work. She and her sisters retweet blogs when they favor them. Teresa seemed to have had a point about the Marco sisters and their past. The Wakiles need Rosie as she is truly entertaining and at ease with the camera; Rich and Kathy, and even their kids, are too camera aware. Joseph Wakile is just like his father. At what age does a father of three kids stop acting like a horny teenager.”
Dina did not directly address Caroline’s rant on WWHL, but she did respond to a tweet about it from one of her followers: “I’d be quiet now my ‘sister.’ Don’t go there or I won’t be so quiet. I would text you but I don’t have your number.”
The next day, on November 3, 2014, Dina tweeted Jacqueline, telling her: “You are using your son against me and that is sickening. I was only slammed by those you try to manipulate. Smart ones see through you.” Dina then told Jacqueline: “Forget my name for real and move on to your next target. Get the psychiatric help you need. Now I’m DONE.”
Finally, Dina tweeted: “I’ve never taken this to social but I have my breaking points.” She also said: “So appreciate the support and kind words but let’s end this. I am moving on and will focus on my family that loves me!”
Jacqueline tweeted the next day with what a appeared to be a dig at Dina and her marital situation: “I think when people don’t have real love in their lives they become bitter and lash out at those that do. It’s a jealousy that’s hard to control.” She also tweeted: “I need to feel sorry for those people and understand their bitterness. Instead of getting angry, I need to just pray they find inner peace. It’s hard.”
Jacqueline followed up that tweet with some positive thoughts, despite being egged on by a blogger.
And later in the day, Jacqueline tweeted encouraging words to help reunite the Laurita family, but apparently she is also “favoriting” harsh tweets about Dina (and because Dina does not follow Jacqueline on Twitter, Jacqueline retweets other people that tag Dina so that it will show up on her timeline).
Commenters at Reality Tea (Holly, SicilyJo and TamG) made some astute observations on the Laurita family dynamics, at least for the siblings and in-laws pursuing careers in reality TV:
“Why don’t they ALL get off TV and quit discussing their dirty laundry in public? But no, they would rather sit around pointing fingers at one another on one hand and cashing their Bravo check with the other. Seems to me a simple solution instead of dragging this ‘feud’ around like a ball and chain. Much of it comes from their own famewhoring needs and the desire to be on TV.”
“Caroline is the biggest hypocrite of them all, and Andy is so afraid of her Don-Caroline-act to call her on it. When has Caroline ever admitted to hitting below the belt (i.e. predicting the demise of someone’s marriage, speaking negatively about someone’s MINOR children, plus she knows Jacqueline screwed up in defending Danielle)? Yet she wants someone else to admit to it? On the WWHL After Show, Caroline said Dina needed to get off Twitter. When has she ever said Jacqueline needs to get off Twitter? Chris and Caroline clearly enable Jacqueline to do their dirty work for them. Jacqueline has always continued to write about Dina on Twitter, even though Dina left the show to avoid a public battle with her family, and yet Dina is in the wrong for defending herself? Jacqueline uses her innocent-act to garner sympathy and an army against Dina, and yet Dina is wrong?? I’m not getting it.”
“What’s hilarious is that Caroline’s most famous line on the show is: “Let me tell you something about my fambly. We’re as thick as thieves.” LOL. Um, seems like nothing could be further from the truth. They are a grudge-holding, back-stabbing, gossiping mess. When your most famous line is a blatant, provable lie, it’s time to STFU.”
UPDATES OCTOBER 2014: See the last comment in this blog post for updates on the feud between Dina Manzo and Jacqueline Laurita. Also see the last comment in the blog post “Dina Manzo’s Feud with Jacqueline and Caroline Stems from Project Ladybug” for more 2014 updates.
Jacqueline Laurita confirmed on twitter that she was asked in March 2014 to tape scenes for season 6 — Bravo wanted Jacqueline and Kathy, along with their husbands, to talk on camera about the Giudices’ guilty pleas and sentencing, and the Lauritas and Wakiles were happy to oblige.
Bravo interviewed Jacqueline about her return to RHONJ in the episode that premiered on September 21, 2014. The following is what Jacqueline said about her relationship with sister-in-law Dina Manzo, which Bravo later removed from the published interview:
“Currently there is no relationship between us, but only because she chooses not to have one. It’s frustrating because I feel like it’s all petty, nonsense stuff, that all just seems silly and unimportant to me. I have other, more important things to focus on, although, I’m always open to reconciliation with people that are willing and sincere. My husband is probably the most hurt by Dina. Maybe one day we can heal as a family like the Gorgas and Giudices did. Miracles have happened on #RHONJ. All it takes is for both parties to want it at the same time and be sincere about wanting it. (That’s the key.)”
Melissa revealed in her Bravo blog for the season 6 finale that she decided to opt out of taping on the day the Giudices’ verdicts were announced (so apparently that was an option). She wrote:
“Even though there were many positive moments this episode, there was just such a sadness around it all. As you saw, I made the decision not to share our reaction to the outcome of the sentencing. It was an extremely hard day for this family, and I believe issues this serious are meant to be private. I know I’ve asked you before, but continue to pray for their family.”
Throughout season 6, Dina refused to discuss the Giudices’ legal issues.
“It was left open 4 me 2 come back 2 the housewives at some point but 2b honest I’m enjoying filming for #ManzodWithChildren 4 now #FunShow” – Jacqueline Laurita, Twitter, July 16, 2014
UPDATE FEBRUARY 21, 2014: When interviewed by Life and Style magazine on February 21, 2014, Jacqueline claimed her departure from RHONJ was because “I needed a little bit of a break, but we’ll see what happens from there.” She then took aim at her sister-in-law Dina Manzo by telling the magazine:
“I understand why Dina wouldn’t want me on the show: She doesn’t want to address family issues on-camera!”
The following is the original blog post, which was published on October 6, 2013.
On October 3, 2013, Jacqueline Laurita, through family friend Tom Murro, told RadarOnline that because of an old feud that goes back to season one, she has to be gone for Dina Manzo to return to RHONJ:
“Dina Manzo gave the producers an ultimatum – fire Jacqueline Laurita or I’m not coming back. Dina wants to come back but wants Jacqueline fired first, because she is afraid of fighting with her.”
After the story was published, Jacqueline tweeted:
“I don’t think Dina is trying to get me fired, but I know she doesn’t want to come on the show with me on it. Probably to avoid any conflict. Dina and I used to be really close when Chris and I first started dating and got married. We had a lot of fun together. Until the show. :0( “
Jacqueline also tweeted an indirect accusation that Dina is the reason the feud continues:
“Hopefully one day, the family will come back together. Like other families we know, everyone has to sincerely want it and try, or it doesn’t work.”
Jacqueline is the reason Caroline Manzo and Christopher Laurita no longer speak to their sister Dina. However, she told RadarOnline, through Tom Murro, that Danielle is the “real instigator of all the old fights” and asserted that she “always protected Dina until she dragged her into the season 1 finale, wanting her to lie for her while she cowardly let Caroline cover for her” (see transcript below):
“Jax stopped Danielle from exposing Dina so many times by refusing to film with her if she said anything about her. Jax told Danielle that if she said anything about Dina, she would not be friends with her anymore. Danielle always told stories about Dina and everyone else. Jacqueline always protected Dina until she dragged her in the season one finale wanting her to lie for her while she cowardly let Caroline cover for her.”
Danielle was asked via Twitter if Project Ladybug was the cause of the rift between Jacqueline and Dina, and she confirmed that it was:
Jacqueline, through Tom Murro, also told RadarOnline on October 1, 2013 that “Dina’s own marriage may be in trouble and her status will all depend on her own success” (Dina revealed in February 2013 that she and her husband had separated, but they may not actually be getting divorced). Jacqueline insulted Dina in the piece by saying that since leaving RHONJ Dina’s attempts at TV have failed, and that her only option now to make money so that she can leave her husband is to stay in the spotlight:
“If Dina makes enough money on her own then she can leave her husband; if not, she’s going back to him. She’s already attempted a few shows to further herself but they fell apart. RHONJ was her only option to stay in the limelight for now.”
Oddly enough, just before RadarOnline published their exclusive story, Dina tweeted on September 26, 2013 about Danielle, writing, “If it wasn’t for the ‘telephone game,’ I think Danielle Staub and I would have even gotten along – I hold ZERO ill feelings towards her”:
“Ahhh, I guess old episodes are showing … you guys are so sweet. I agree it’s more fun to see good times! If it wasn’t for the ‘telephone game’ I think Danielle Staub and I would have even gotten along! I hold ZERO ill feelings towards her BTW.”
Jacqueline’s friend Tom Murro tweeted Dina for a response to the RadarOnline story, and Dina responded, vaguely implying that Jacqueline may not be returning for season 6, but she made it clear that she had nothing to do with it (Dina did not confirm or deny that she herself would be returning for season 6).
When Tom tweeted, “Your enemies are closer than you think,” Dina replied, “Yes, I’m well aware who my enemies are, and I send them love”:
Tom Murro @celebritymagnet 1 Oct
Care to expand on this?
Dina Manzo @dinamanzo 1 Oct
@celebritymagnet oh yes, I have the power to fire ANYONE. I’m getting Kris Jenner off Kardashians too! Ur “source” is a little off my friend.
Dina Manzo @dinamanzo 1 Oct
I have NOT made any decisions on my next career move yet, I haven’t gotten anyone fired nor do I have the power to do that ~ Don’t be so silly.
Dina Manzo @dinamanzo 1 Oct
Ok, let me put all the rumors to rest right now so I can continue my love affair with twitter…
Dina Manzo @dinamanzo 3 Oct
@celebritymagnet read my tweets sunshine, all news is not based on false drama. Shocking right? ; )
Dina Manzo @dinamanzo 3 Oct
@celebritymagnet did you see my @projectladybug event? how bout my event planning course?
Tom Murro @celebritymagnet 3 Oct
@dinamanzo No one denies you do good things–Falsehoods by source? If true, your enemies are closer than you think.
Dina Manzo @dinamanzo 3 Oct
@celebritymagnet yes & I’m well aware who my enemies are. I send them love : ) I hate no one and wish them nothing but success.
Tom Murro @celebritymagnet 3 Oct
@dinamanzo So, none of what they say is true? You would share scenes with @JacLaurita then?
Dina Manzo @dinamanzo 3 Oct
@celebritymagnet cut it out~they make decisions on returning cast members BEFORE they cast new season~Duh! thought you were smarter than that Tom?
Tom Murro @celebritymagnet 3 Oct
@dinamanzo I’m a little slow sometimes. Been a long week. Were you asked to be on? Do you want to be on? You didn’t answer the 2nd part @realitytea
Dina Manzo @dinamanzo 3 Oct
@celebritymagnet @Realitytea well that part you’ll just have to wait & see. I don’t know move I’m making next – working on it all now.
RumorFix reported on the RadarOnline story, which lead to more confusion about whether Dina had demanded that Bravo fire Jacqueline. Dina cleared things up by tweeting, “Not true at all”:
Rumor Fix @RumorFix 2 Oct
#RHONJ Did @dinamanzo really demand that @Bravotv fire @JacLaurita??? http://bit.ly/1aMeQya
Dina Manzo @dinamanzo 2 Oct
@RumorFix wow! a “source” that actually tells the truth? lol So refreshing!
Maree @manymagees 2 Oct
@dinamanzo @RumorFix wow! Asking to have @JacLaurita fired that’s so wrong @Andy #RHONj needs J I hope it’s. false rumor!
JayJ @Havee2009 2 Oct
@dinamanzo I sure hope all these reports are not true…cuz that would make you very unlikeable!
Dina Manzo @dinamanzo 2 Oct
@Havee2009 not true at all doll
Jacqueline, through Tom Murro, also told RadarOnline on October 1, 2013 that “Dina doesn’t want to be exposed for who she really is,” which could relate to the confusing conversation between Jacqueline and Caroline in the final episode of season 1 (Episode 7, The Last Supper) after the infamous table flip went down.
In early November 2014, Bravo premiered a “supplemental edition” of season 1 episode 7, The Last Supper, “featuring previously unseen footage and commentary from the Housewives and their families, and reflection on the dinner dramas in the season 1 finale.” The following is a transcript of the conversation between Jacqueline and Caroline after Jacqueline told Danielle that Dina was the one who brought the book Danielle’s ex-husband wrote, Cop Without a Badge, to the salon, showing it to everyone (this conversation was not included in the premiere but made the “director’s cut” and was not in all copies of the season 1 finale on the internet) – “TH” means Talking Head, the interview/confessional that the Housewives give with producers which later are edited into the footage.
Jacqueline screamed that she was told it was Dina who showed the book to everyone at the salon, and she exclaimed that the same person who told her that it was Dina also told Danielle that it was Dina.
Caroline looked over at Jacqueline and shouted that she and Dina were together when they showed the book at the salon and at The Brownstone.
Dina yelled at Jacqueline: “You pretend to be her [Danielle’s] friend. That’s why you have to say this!”
Jacqueline yelled back at her: “You brought it over to me!”
Dina then stood up, and as she walked way, said to Jacqueline: “You are two-faced, two-faced. You’re not her friend (pointing toward Danielle).”
Jacqueline shouted back at Dina, “You’re two-faced. You’re such a liar Dina! I’m not covering for you anymore!”
As Dina responded back, “You never did,” Jacqueline continued her rant and screamed, “The whole town knows about you!”
Caroline shouted: “Jacqueline, Jacqueline, enough!”
During the exchange, Chris at least twice tried to stop Jacqueline from going off on Dina by gently squeezing her upper arm, but she ignored him, and he eventually gave up and put his head in his hand and then started biting his nails.
Teresa then addressed Danielle. Danielle told Teresa to “Pay attention, puhleeze!,” which sent Teresa into a rant, followed by the infamous table flip. After Joe escorted Teresa from the room, Caroline said to Jacqueline, “Jacqueline, Jacqueline, I told the truth. I showed the book. Dina wasn’t with me.”
Teresa returned to the room, sat back down, and shouted (while shaking her head and doing the “talk to the hand” motion): “Don’t fucking think that I’m fucking airheaded and stupid, because that’s what pissed me off. And then telling me to fucking pay attention. She doesn’t know who the fuck she’s fucking with, okay! Telling me to fucking pay attention! I don’t think so!”
Dina then tried to clear the air with Danielle, but Danielle wasn’t buying it.
Danielle TH: To be honest with you, my real opinion of Dina and her fake everything is that I really could give a flying ya-know-what about you!
Jacqueline to Caroline: I know you begged me not to tell the truth, but that’s not fair…
Chris: I don’t want to hear another word. Enough! Enough!… Danielle, you’re welcome in my home…
As things started to settle down a bit, Dina left the room and Jacqueline started to talk about her to Caroline (both Caroline and Chris tried to cut Jacqueline off, but she grinned and ignored them both).
Caroline: Jacqueline! … That’s my family.
Jacqueline: You came to me and you were like, “I know what Dina is. Don’t you think I know what she is? I know. You were like, “Feel sorry for her, feel sorry.” How could I feel sorry for her when you know what she is?
Caroline: Because you’re wrong.
Jacqueline: You said you knew too (Caroline is repeating, “Jacqueline, Jacqueline,” but Jacqueline continues with a sly grin, pointing at Caroline) and your husband said he knew.
Caroline: Jacqueline, you know who you’re hurting? My parents.
Talking head interviews:
Jacqueline in her TH: In the end I feel good that I told the truth as I saw it. I just hope that they can love and respect and accept me for the decisions that I make.
Dina in her TH: Jacqueline, obviously, was misinformed. Here’s my thing: you wanna stick up for your friend, that’s great, I admire that, but know what you’re talking about first.
Caroline in her TH: Has it affected my relationship with Jacqueline? Probably not. Has it affected Dina’s relationship with Jacqueline? Yes. Does it bother me? Absolutely.
After the table flip, with Jacqueline sitting in his lap, her husband Chris told Danielle that she was welcome in their home. Later, when Danielle was outside with her daughters, Danielle said, “See what happens to Dina when she messes with me — her own family (Chris and Jacqueline) turned against her on that one.”
Who Was the Mutual Friend That Texted Jacqueline Laurita at the Season 4 Finale and Told Her Teresa Giudice Was Part of the Setup (Posche Fashion Show and Strippergate)?
With Rob Shuter of The Huffington Post (@NaughtyButNiceRob) tweeting that the “truth comes out next week because someone forgot their mic was on,” and Johnny Karagiorgis saying that Angelo Vrohidis is the one who forgot and “with editing, it won’t be too favorable for him”… it doesn’t look good for Angelo.
Follow Back Retweet (@retweet_central)
9/17/12 6:17 PM
@JohnnyTheGrk So do you happen to know who forgot about their mic and who was really behind it all?
John Karagiorgis (@JohnnyTheGrk)
9/17/12 6:22 PM
@retweet_central Angelo left his mic on & w/editing not too favorable. Oh well, it is what it is.
I’m a lover… (@uarethequeen)
9/17/12 6:37 PM
@JohnnyTheGrk @GraceIn2010 @retweet_central but he didn’t lie did he?
John Karagiorgis (@JohnnyTheGrk)
9/17/12 6:32 PM
@GraceIn2010 @retweet_central you’ll see next week. I can’t comment on episodes that haven’t been aired. Sorry.
In the restaurant, Angelo tells some random woman that Teresa and Kim D plotted to “blow the whistle” on Melissa and that they planned the whole set-up at the fashion show:
“Kim and Teresa want to blow the whistle on her… They had me do this thing, ya know…”
At the beginning of the event, while the ladies are sitting at the table eating salad, Jacqueline Laurita starts getting texts from a mutual friend of the cast, saying that “something is going to go down” at the fashion show but that “she’s not the target.”
As source told FameWhorgas that Martha Fava was the person who texted Jacqueline during the season 4 fashion show, saying that Teresa WAS part of the setup. When Teresa asked Jacqueline to identify who was saying she was in on it, Jacqueline refused, saying it was a mutual friend (these are the text messages Jacqueline told Joe Gorga she would send to him). Jacqueline told Melissa earlier that “I think she’s (Teresa’s) the one that set it up.”
According to FW’s source: Kim D told Martha Fava (owner of sassyshopgirl.com) a week before the event that she and Teresa were setting up Melissa. On the night of the event, Martha texted Jacqueline and told her this. When Teresa asked Jacqueline who told her that she was the one to setup Melissa, she refused to name Martha at Martha’s request since she was friendly with all the cast. However, Martha was more of a friend to Melissa than Teresa, which is why she eventually told Jacqueline what Kim D had revealed to her.
“Martha Fava: This woman can be seen running after Teresa when Tre was chasing Staub at the POSCHE show in season 2, trying to calm her down. At the season 3 POSCHE show, she was standing next to Melissa, looking ‘concerned’ when Tre got loud with Kathy. She is, like the rest, desperate to be cast. She just gave birth to her firstborn last month yet still had an in-home audition (where the cameras come into your home for an interview and tour).” [Martha commented on FameWhorgas about what this source said about her on September 17, 2011, which you can read by clicking here.]
Sassy Shop Girl Events Proudly Presents…“Shopping in the City Event and Fundraiser.” Special Guest Appearances by New Jersey Housewives Jacqueline Laurita and Kathy Wakile! Come join us along with 40 spectacular vendors and amazing Tricky Tray items such as an Apple iPad, Kindle Fire, Photography Gift Certificate, 47’’ TV, Wine Refrigerator, and much more. Honest & experienced gold buyer will be present to buy your gold. March 1st 2012, Mayfair Farms, 481 Eagle Rock Avenue, West Orange NJ, 6:30pm – 9:00pm. Admission: $15 in advance and $20 at the door. Raffle tickets will be available for purchase at the event. We are dedicating the funds raised from the Tricky Tray to a brave young woman battling breast cancer. For ticket purchase please mail your check & emial address to: Edel Di Gangi, 35 Montclair Avenue, Cedar Grove, NJ 07009. For more information email Edel at: email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you! [March 1, 2012]
The following photos of Martha with Melissa and Kathy come from “The Housewife Girls” on December 19, 2010.
The following photo of Melissa and Martha is from “The Housewife Girls” on November 15, 2010.
The following photo of Teresa Giudice, Dina Manzo, Martha Fava, and the Cast of Jerseylicious comes from “The Housewife Girls” on October 17, 2010.
Even though Angelo was caught on tape saying Teresa and Kim D put him up to it, Teresa maintains she was an innocent bystander. She tells InTouch Weekly:
“I know in my heart I did nothing. I feel like I’m making myself sick over this.”
Kim G (related to Kim D by marriage) was perched on her balcony with Tom Murro (a friend to the Manzo/Laurita camp), waiting for it all to transpire.
Let us flashback to October 16, 2011, when Virginia Rohan wrote a story for The Record, which was published on Bergen.com with the title, ‘Real Housewives’ Mystery: Posche Boutique Center of Drama. Here is a summary of that article:
Why was Jacqueline Laurita a no-show at the reunion for season 3, which was taped the day after the Posche Fashion Show (PFS) on September 27, 2011? Because, she tweeted, ‘someone (not me) got set up’ at the fashion show, held this year at Son Cubano restaurant in West New York. ‘There are some sneaky people trying to make someone look bad and then play innocent on camera,” she wrote, a few days later tweeting that one-time pal Teresa Giudice is ‘scum.’ Teresa, claimed innocence, tweeting on September 28, ‘Breaks my heart that anyone would believe I would be part of something to hurt my family.’
On the night of the PFS, Joe Gorga — Melissa’s husband and Teresa’s brother — apparently blamed Posche owner Kim DePaola (Kim D) for the whole thing — a story that Tom Murro of Franklin Lakes, who goes by ‘The Celebrity Magnet’ [he is a friend to the Manzo/Laurita camp], says a reporter that he had at the fashion show confirmed.
‘Joe Gorga showed up and had a screaming match with Kim D,’ says Murro, who was with Kim Granatell on her condo’s balcony overlooking the restaurant. ‘According to my reporter, [security] had to hold him back. They felt if they let him go, he was gonna hit her.’ Kim G., recurring pot-stirrer, tweeted that she watched the fashion show unfold from her ‘fabulous condo’ overlooking the restaurant: ‘We were sitting on my balcony watching the hideous outfits parade in.’
Actress Martha Byrne, a Bergen County resident, happened to be at the show and tweeted tidbits such as, ‘Fight in the bathroom. Teresa in bathroom with …’
Bravo declined comment about the incident. The network tries to keep future ‘story lines’ under wraps — the third season, after all, just finished airing last Sunday, and the two-part reunion begins tonight — but in this age of Twitter, it’s hard to keep secrets, since the series’ stars can dispatch cryptic tweets that technically don’t seem to violate their confidentiality clauses. And tweet they did. And tweet-following RHONJ fans everywhere tried to piece together what had gone on.
Us Weekly summed up the prevailing rumor about the fashion show, quoting a source [Melissa] saying that Giudice ‘chatted up a former strip-club co-worker of Gorga’s at [the fashion show], quizzing him on camera about her past. She was trying to embarrass Melissa and imply she used to be a stripper,’ says the source [Melissa].
Us Weekly also spoke with Larry Guarino [Melissa it the only person to mention Larry, probably to deflect from Angelo’s story], Gorga’s former boss at Lookers in Elizabeth. He backed up Melissa’s own tweet, saying, ‘She was a bartender for a couple of months years ago, it was such a short time.’
Top Six Reasons Kim D is One of the People Behind the Posche Fashion Show Setup Exposing Melissa Gorga’s Past: