Who Was the Mutual Friend That Texted Jacqueline Laurita at the Season 4 Finale and Told Her Teresa Giudice Was Part of the Setup (Posche Fashion Show and Strippergate)?
With Rob Shuter of The Huffington Post (@NaughtyButNiceRob) tweeting that the “truth comes out next week because someone forgot their mic was on,” and Johnny Karagiorgis saying that Angelo Vrohidis is the one who forgot and “with editing, it won’t be too favorable for him”… it doesn’t look good for Angelo.
Follow Back Retweet (@retweet_central)
9/17/12 6:17 PM
@JohnnyTheGrk So do you happen to know who forgot about their mic and who was really behind it all?
John Karagiorgis (@JohnnyTheGrk)
9/17/12 6:22 PM
@retweet_central Angelo left his mic on & w/editing not too favorable. Oh well, it is what it is.
I’m a lover… (@uarethequeen)
9/17/12 6:37 PM
@JohnnyTheGrk @GraceIn2010 @retweet_central but he didn’t lie did he?
John Karagiorgis (@JohnnyTheGrk)
9/17/12 6:32 PM
@GraceIn2010 @retweet_central you’ll see next week. I can’t comment on episodes that haven’t been aired. Sorry.
In the restaurant, Angelo tells some random woman that Teresa and Kim D plotted to “blow the whistle” on Melissa and that they planned the whole set-up at the fashion show:
“Kim and Teresa want to blow the whistle on her… They had me do this thing, ya know…”
At the beginning of the event, while the ladies are sitting at the table eating salad, Jacqueline Laurita starts getting texts from a mutual friend of the cast, saying that “something is going to go down” at the fashion show but that “she’s not the target.”
As source told FameWhorgas that Martha Fava was the person who texted Jacqueline during the season 4 fashion show, saying that Teresa WAS part of the setup. When Teresa asked Jacqueline to identify who was saying she was in on it, Jacqueline refused, saying it was a mutual friend (these are the text messages Jacqueline told Joe Gorga she would send to him). Jacqueline told Melissa earlier that “I think she’s (Teresa’s) the one that set it up.”
According to FW’s source: Kim D told Martha Fava (owner of sassyshopgirl.com) a week before the event that she and Teresa were setting up Melissa. On the night of the event, Martha texted Jacqueline and told her this. When Teresa asked Jacqueline who told her that she was the one to setup Melissa, she refused to name Martha at Martha’s request since she was friendly with all the cast. However, Martha was more of a friend to Melissa than Teresa, which is why she eventually told Jacqueline what Kim D had revealed to her.
“Martha Fava: This woman can be seen running after Teresa when Tre was chasing Staub at the POSCHE show in season 2, trying to calm her down. At the season 3 POSCHE show, she was standing next to Melissa, looking ‘concerned’ when Tre got loud with Kathy. She is, like the rest, desperate to be cast. She just gave birth to her firstborn last month yet still had an in-home audition (where the cameras come into your home for an interview and tour).” [Martha commented on FameWhorgas about what this source said about her on September 17, 2011, which you can read by clicking here.]
Sassy Shop Girl Events Proudly Presents…“Shopping in the City Event and Fundraiser.” Special Guest Appearances by New Jersey Housewives Jacqueline Laurita and Kathy Wakile! Come join us along with 40 spectacular vendors and amazing Tricky Tray items such as an Apple iPad, Kindle Fire, Photography Gift Certificate, 47’’ TV, Wine Refrigerator, and much more. Honest & experienced gold buyer will be present to buy your gold. March 1st 2012, Mayfair Farms, 481 Eagle Rock Avenue, West Orange NJ, 6:30pm – 9:00pm. Admission: $15 in advance and $20 at the door. Raffle tickets will be available for purchase at the event. We are dedicating the funds raised from the Tricky Tray to a brave young woman battling breast cancer. For ticket purchase please mail your check & emial address to: Edel Di Gangi, 35 Montclair Avenue, Cedar Grove, NJ 07009. For more information email Edel at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you! [March 1, 2012]
The following photos of Martha with Melissa and Kathy come from “The Housewife Girls” on December 19, 2010.
The following photo of Melissa and Martha is from “The Housewife Girls” on November 15, 2010.
The following photo of Teresa Giudice, Dina Manzo, Martha Fava, and the Cast of Jerseylicious comes from “The Housewife Girls” on October 17, 2010.
Even though Angelo was caught on tape saying Teresa and Kim D put him up to it, Teresa maintains she was an innocent bystander. She tells InTouch Weekly:
“I know in my heart I did nothing. I feel like I’m making myself sick over this.”
Kim G (related to Kim D by marriage) was perched on her balcony with Tom Murro (a friend to the Manzo/Laurita camp), waiting for it all to transpire.
Let us flashback to October 16, 2011, when Virginia Rohan wrote a story for The Record, which was published on Bergen.com with the title, ‘Real Housewives’ Mystery: Posche Boutique Center of Drama. Here is a summary of that article:
Why was Jacqueline Laurita a no-show at the reunion for season 3, which was taped the day after the Posche Fashion Show (PFS) on September 27, 2011? Because, she tweeted, ‘someone (not me) got set up’ at the fashion show, held this year at Son Cubano restaurant in West New York. ‘There are some sneaky people trying to make someone look bad and then play innocent on camera,” she wrote, a few days later tweeting that one-time pal Teresa Giudice is ‘scum.’ Teresa, claimed innocence, tweeting on September 28, ‘Breaks my heart that anyone would believe I would be part of something to hurt my family.’
On the night of the PFS, Joe Gorga — Melissa’s husband and Teresa’s brother — apparently blamed Posche owner Kim DePaola (Kim D) for the whole thing — a story that Tom Murro of Franklin Lakes, who goes by ‘The Celebrity Magnet’ [he is a friend to the Manzo/Laurita camp], says a reporter that he had at the fashion show confirmed.
‘Joe Gorga showed up and had a screaming match with Kim D,’ says Murro, who was with Kim Granatell on her condo’s balcony overlooking the restaurant. ‘According to my reporter, [security] had to hold him back. They felt if they let him go, he was gonna hit her.’ Kim G., recurring pot-stirrer, tweeted that she watched the fashion show unfold from her ‘fabulous condo’ overlooking the restaurant: ‘We were sitting on my balcony watching the hideous outfits parade in.’
Actress Martha Byrne, a Bergen County resident, happened to be at the show and tweeted tidbits such as, ‘Fight in the bathroom. Teresa in bathroom with …’
Bravo declined comment about the incident. The network tries to keep future ‘story lines’ under wraps — the third season, after all, just finished airing last Sunday, and the two-part reunion begins tonight — but in this age of Twitter, it’s hard to keep secrets, since the series’ stars can dispatch cryptic tweets that technically don’t seem to violate their confidentiality clauses. And tweet they did. And tweet-following RHONJ fans everywhere tried to piece together what had gone on.
Us Weekly summed up the prevailing rumor about the fashion show, quoting a source [Melissa] saying that Giudice ‘chatted up a former strip-club co-worker of Gorga’s at [the fashion show], quizzing him on camera about her past. She was trying to embarrass Melissa and imply she used to be a stripper,’ says the source [Melissa].
Us Weekly also spoke with Larry Guarino [Melissa it the only person to mention Larry, probably to deflect from Angelo’s story], Gorga’s former boss at Lookers in Elizabeth. He backed up Melissa’s own tweet, saying, ‘She was a bartender for a couple of months years ago, it was such a short time.’
Top Six Reasons Kim D is One of the People Behind the Posche Fashion Show Setup Exposing Melissa Gorga’s Past:
1. “How did a sliver of a clothing shop, wedged between a barbershop and a jewelry store in the Preakness Shopping Center, again become the center of North Jersey’s social universe? In August 2010, for a piece about businesses featured on RHONJ, Kim DePaola, owner of Posche Boutique featured on RHONJ, told The Record that she first met Laurita and her then-castmate Danielle Staub when they ‘randomly’ walked into Posche together, sans cameras. DePaola later agreed to let RHONJ film Staub shopping there. Suddenly, there was heavy traffic on her website, shopposche.com, and she was getting online orders from all over the U.S. People were also calling and dropping by the 500-square-foot Posche. ‘The most crazy was the day after the  fashion show aired,’ DePaola said. ‘People were coming in droves.’ In the show’s second season, when none of the others wanted to deal with Staub, DePaola became an on-camera go-between, she told The Record. “I was the only person to get everyone in the room.” Posche didn’t get much air time in Season 3, but the fourth-season episode featuring the fashion show should be juicy.” [Virginia Rohan, October 16, 2011, ‘Real Housewives’ Mystery: Posche Boutique Center of Drama]
2. “After Kim D simply expressed her loyalty and friendship to Teresa on multiple occasions, Melissa became furious with Kim. The fact that Kim simultaneously parted ways with Robyn [IlluminationPR, Melissa’s PR person at the time] did not help matters either. In retaliation for Kim being a free thinker, Robyn and Melissa began a well thought out smear campaign. I witnessed, at least during half-a-dozen events, Robyn and her friends speak of Kim D as a ‘coke addict,’ ‘drug user,’ and claimed Kim would be out of business within six months. Robyn and Melissa even went as far as to contact BRAVO weekly in hopes of persuading them to film the insignificant Fashion & Beauty Week [FWB] as opposed to the annual POSCHE Fashion Show. This was due to the fact that Robyn was successful in blacklisting Kim D and Teresa Giudice from the supposed ‘charity’ fashion event. Therefore, if FWB were filmed over POSCHE, it would appear as though Kim and Teresa were not wanted at an ‘esteemed’ fashion event.” [Will Love Exposes Illumination PR And Melissa Gorga, November 29, 2011, AllAboutTRH]
3. “The Gorgas owe Fabulous Foods $49,500 in Season 4. Joe Gorga never answered any form of communication from Fred, and initially paid Fred $500 then told him he would ‘take care of the rest’ via free construction work. Fred was taken back. He has one of the most beautiful homes in NJ – he needed the salary of a receipt he was owed, not $500 + pro-bono work. After months and months of getting nowhere, Fred got angry. He was about to go to the press regarding Joey G, but Kim D stopped him. Interestingly, it was at a house party of Kim D’s where the sh-t hit the fan. Bravo producers knew of what happened and asked Kim to bring it up at the party. Kim, knowing the show is half staged, assumed the other girls knew that this was going to happen and brought it up in front of Melissa. Missy went crazy. So did Joey G. In Season 4 they deny it, even though initially Kim tried to help them by asking Fred to not go to the press. Remember when Joe Gorga said ‘hell no’ on the WWHL After Show when Andy asked Melissa if she got her dress at POSCHE. This is why – he was pissed that he got exposed.” [Insider Commenting at Reality Tea, September 17, 2011]
4. “Angelo Vrohidis was at the Posche fashion show on September 27, 2011, with a table of people from the salon [Salon La Chateau Allure]. He is good friends with the salon owners and was formerly a manager at Lookers, the gentleman’s club where Melissa worked in 2003, the year she met Joe Gorga. So ALLEGEDLY, the morning of the fashion show while Teresa is getting her hair done, Angelo comes up to her and asks about Melissa …Teresa tells him she doesn’t want to hear/talk about it. That night at the fashion show, Angelo confronts Melissa, who jumps up and runs to the bathroom all the while saying to the other housewives that Teresa set her up. This was when Jacqueline went nuts, saying Teresa DID this to poor Melissa! And the next day Jacqueline doesn’t show up for the reunion. ALLEGEDLY the people from the salon [the owners, Penny Drossos and Johnny Karagiorgis] and Lookers had a bone of their own to pick with Melissa. Right after this happened, Melissa started sending out information that she never danced … she just bartended. But the people calling her out all tell a different story; and Penny, along with several others, has been contracted by Bravo to NOT mention anything until this show airs.” [pjkacper, June 22, 2012, Bravo’s Message Board]
5. Penny Drossos and John Karagiorgis claim that Bravo had nothing to do with Angelo being at their salon just before the PFS, and that it was not planned for Angelo to confront Melissa at the PFS, and that Bravo did not setup Melissa. But it seems unlikely that the events leading up to the confrontation could be a total coincidence—in the least, it appears Penny and Johnny invited Angelo (and Kim D) to the salon (and later the PFS), and he was the one who informed Bravo of Melissa’s past working at Lookers. Bravo took advantage of the opportunity to capture on camera the reunion between Angelo and Melissa during filming at the PFS at the end of season 4 by (1) encouraging Angelo to approach Melissa on camera at the PFS, and (2) getting Melissa to confront Teresa on camera and have her admit to what Angelo told her at the salon — that Melissa used to work for him as a dancer.
6. “Danielle was NOT at the reunion but Kim D was! Kim D owns a boutique, and the season 4 finale will feature her glamorous Posche Fashion Show where Melissa gets called a stripper from her former manager [Angelo from Lookers]. That episode will show Joe Gorga swearing and disrespecting Kim D. My insider reveals that when the two are face to face at the reunion taping, Joe Gorga apologizes for the things he says to Kim D, but she isn’t having it! My insider reveals that Kim D also says she was later aware that Angelo was going to call Melissa a stripper; and she says she has an agenda with Melissa because, in the past, Melissa purposely promoted other boutiques and has bashed Kim D. Kim D says Teresa had nothing to do with Melissa’s former manager [at Lookers] calling Melissa out on being a dancer! Melissa’s former manager [at Lookers] Angelo Vrohidis has also denied Teresa had anything to do with it.” [AllAboutTRH EXCLUSIVE Details On What Went On At The Season 4 RHONJ Reunion!, September 9, 2012] Note: Melissa and her sisters frequently promote on Twitter a boutique with a name spelled very similar to Posche.
Just one week after the Posche Fashion Show that so traumatized Jacqueline that she couldn’t attend the reunion, Caroline, Melissa, Kathy and Jacqueline (photo below) attended Fashion & Beauty Week [Melissa and her PR agent, Robyn of IlluminationPR (former agent to Teresa and now former agent to Melissa), tried to get Bravo to film Fashion & Beauty Week over the Posche Fashion Show]. “Melissa and her former PR agent were able to blacklist Kim D and Teresa from the event in an attempt to make it appear as though Kim D and Teresa were not wanted at an ‘esteemed’ fashion event” [Will Love, November 29, 2011, AllAboutTRH].
In previews for season 4 episode 19, Teresa explains how she was invited by Kim D to join her to have her hair and makeup done at La Chateau Allure prior to the PFS that evening. At the salon she is introduced to Angelo Vrohidis. In season 4 episode 15, taped in early September 2011, Melissa reminded Teresa about what she said to her when Melissa first married Joe Gorga: she said that Teresa told her the senior Gorgas were going to think she was a stripper or gold-digger because she had ‘fake boobs’. Here’s what Melissa said to Teresa when they were riding in the RV:
“When I first married into this family and we all went on vacation together, you were like (Melissa says condescendingly, while shaking her head and scrunching her face), ‘You have fake boobs, oool; my mom and my dad, they’re not going to like this’ (Joe Gorga, laughing, says, ‘Yes you did, yes you did!; Teresa, smiling and giggling, says ‘I know!). And I’m like, ‘Oh, now I feel real comfortable coming to the beach with you guys. I love you Teresa (sarcastically); and Joe (turning to Joe who is driving the RV), I love your sister, she’s a sweetheart’ (Joe, smiling and nodding his head while Teresa is still giggling)’. Teresa (still giggling) says, ‘A lot of Italians think when you have fake boobs that you’re a stripper or a gold-digger.’ Melissa interrupts, saying (as Joe Gorga is cracking up), ‘Unless it’s your fake boobs and then it’s ok!’ (Teresa, still giggling, says, ‘Noooo!’) And then Teresa says (more seriously), ‘I was sticking up for your ass. I didn’t want her to think you were a stripper’ (Melissa nods her head yet has a smirk on her face while Joe Gorga can be heard still laughing).
The following are tweets from the cast while episode 19 was airing.
Other than the Gorgas, the cast was surprising silent; Teresa, as usual, did not tweet about the episode.
The loudest on Twitter, of course, were Melissa’s sisters, Lysa Simpson and Kim Pirrella.