Joe Giudice Wants a Separate Federal Trial from Teresa and Says She Did Not Sign Nor Did She Have Knowledge of Misrepresentation on Loan Documents
On January 16, 2014, Celebuzz reported on court documents filed by attorneys for the Giudices. According to Celebuzz, in the documents it is clear that Joe wants to get Teresa off the hook, claiming that she had no knowledge of any alleged criminal activity in relation to the 41 counts of federal fraud against the couple and wants to testify to that effect, but only if he gets a separate trial. Joe plans on invoking his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination if they have a joint trial, which is set for April. From the Celebuzz report:
Joe’s legal eagles are arguing that he is entitled to his own trial to allow the mother-of-four to invoke her right to testify on her own behalf and allow her the right to choose not to testify against her husband.
“Without an order severing the trials, she is placed in the position of choosing to testify on her own behalf and against her husband, or not testifying at all,” per the docs.
But if there are two separate trials, he will testify about Teresa’s involvement (or lack thereof) in the alleged criminal activity.
This is what he plans on telling the court should he take the stand, according to the docs… and it’s pretty much what we expected he’d say all along:
- Teresa had no knowledge of any misrepresentation on loan and mortgage applications and lines of credit.
- Teresa was not aware that various properties and businesses were acquired in her name.
- Joe signed Teresa’s name on numerous occasions without her knowledge or permission.
- Joe’s former business partner signed Teresa’s name on docs, as did Joe’s attorney, again without her knowledge or authorization.
- And other people were aware that Teresa had not signed those docs.
He wants the U.S. Attorney’s indictment dismissed with prejudice (translation: the case would be over and no further action could be taken) because the defense claims there is not one single conspiracy as the prosecution alleges.
Joe would also like for certain charges of wire and bank fraud dismissed. For example, the alleged fraudulent loan applications filed between 2001 and 2005 due to the expired statute of limitations.
His defense team is also demanding the prosecution disclose all discovery, including any evidence of other crimes Joe has allegedly committed that will be produced at trial (like reports by any witnesses, etc.).
The hot-heated TV husband also wants the prosecution to provide access to the grand jury transcript “in order to determine whether grand jury abuses led to his indictment.”
And, last but not least, he wants a separate hearing to review all The Real Housewives of New Jersey takes and outtakes that attorneys plan on using against him to determine their “audibility and admissibility.”
The report doesn’t address the bankruptcy fraud charges, which I think are the most serious. Teresa signed the original bankruptcy filing plus later amendments and testified in bankruptcy court before she was denied a discharge of debt – in the federal indictment, she is charged with failure to disclose on her bankruptcy petition all her income and business interests (including her RHONJ season 2 salary increase, cookbook advances, website sales of her TG Fabulicious brand – which she trademarked in April 2009, before season 1 premiered – income from appearances and magazine stories/covers, income from rental properties, etc.) – she claimed in the bankruptcy filing that she was unemployed and stated that she “reasonably did not anticipate any increase or decrease in income within the year following their filing,” which was on October 29, 2009, during taping of season 2 (seven months later her first cookbook hit shelves).
“I own a lot of properties in my name.” – Teresa Giudice, Season 2 Episode 11 (Video)
When season 2 episode 11 premiered in July 2010, some questioned the honesty and integrity of Teresa’s cookbook because, while touring the pizza parlor during the episode, Juicy Joe asked her (to her obvious annoyance) if she’s ever made a pizza; she responded, “not from scratch,” and told him that she buys frozen dough to make her pizzas. However, she has a dough recipe in Skinny Italian for what she calls the “best crust in the world!”
The document submitted to the court states:
“Joe would also like for certain charges of wire and bank fraud dismissed. For example, the alleged fraudulent loan applications filed between 2001 and 2005 due to the expired statute of limitations.”
The Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act of 2009 (FERA), which Obama signed into law on May 20, 2009, gives the Justice Department the capability to prosecute mortgage fraud cases as bank fraud and to seek enhanced penalties under the mail and wire fraud statutes. It also extends the statute of limitations on mortgage fraud from 5 years to 10 years (and extends the prison sentence and increases the maximum fine), so loans taken out by the Giudices after 2002 would be subject to the fraud charges:
By amending the definition of “financial institution” to include a “mortgage lending business,” FERA gives the Justice Department the capability to prosecute mortgage fraud cases as bank fraud and to seek enhanced penalties under the mail and wire fraud statutes. As a result, convictions for mortgage fraud can now carry a 30-year maximum prison sentence or a maximum $1 million fine, or both. Even more importantly, mortgage fraud cases will now have a 10-year statute of limitations, as opposed to the 5-year statute of limitations for other frauds, which will give federal prosecutors much more time to develop such cases.
In comparison, there is only a five-year statute of limitations for securities fraud. In February 2013, regulators for the Securities and Exchange Commission argued before the U.S. Supreme Court that the five-year clock should begin when investigators first detect the crime, rather than when the alleged fraud occurred. On February 27, 2013, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favor of the fraudsters and limited the authority of the SEC to seek civil penalties to five years from the time a securities fraud took place:
The nine-member court ruled by a unanimous vote that the five-year clock for the government to act on securities fraud begins to tick when the fraud occurs, not when it is discovered. Wednesday’s decision is a defeat for securities regulators, who would have benefited from a favorable ruling because it could have bought them more time to bring complex cases, including cases springing from the 2007-2009 financial crisis.
Of course, mortgage fraud committed by individuals has a longer statute of limitations than securities fraud committed by the rich and powerful on Wall Street!
“I don’t care who the government is. Let me control the money and I will control the country.” – Mayer Amschel Rothschild (attributed to the German godfather of the Rothschild bank cartel and grandfather to heir Lord Baron Nathaniel Mayer de Rothschild: owner of the Bank of England and a key promoter of the U.S. Federal Reserve Act. 1744-1812)
“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” – President Thomas Jefferson (a founding father of America, condemning present and future monopoly money power. 1743-1826)
“I want to own nothing and control everything.” – John D. Rockefeller (promoter of the U.S. Federal Reserve Act in alliance with the Rothschild bloc. 1839-1937)
“We will have world government whether or not we like it. The only question is whether world government will be achieved by conquest or consent.” – James Paul Warburg (monopoly banker in testimony before the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations. Warburg was an agent of the Rockefeller-JP Morgan-Rothschild banking bloc and son of Paul Warburg, chief architect of the Federal Reserve Corporation, an unconstitutional private bank monopoly set up for cartel hegemony. 2/17/1950)
“Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.” – Henry Kissinger (ex U.S. Secretary of State and ongoing agent for the ruling class. Living. Quote 1970)
“The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the larger centers has owned the government of the U.S. ever since the days of Andrew Jackson. History depicts Andrew Jackson as the last truly honorable and incorruptible American president.” – President FDR (on Fascist rule in a letter to corporate con man “Colonel” Edward M. House, a founder of the Council on Foreign Relations and political fixer for the ruling class. House also handled President Wilson for the foisting of the privately rigged Federal Reserve bank monopoly. 11/21/1933)
“At the time (in 1913), the conventional wisdom in Congress was that the government institution would finally harness the money trust, disarm its powers, and establish broad democratic control over money and credit. The results were nearly the opposite. The money reforms enacted in 1913 (the year the Federal Reserve was established), in fact, helped to preserve the status quo, to stabilize the old order. Money center bankers would not only gain dominance over the new central bank, but would also enjoy new insulation against instability and their own decline. Once the Fed was in operation, the steady diffusion of financial power halted, Wall Street maintained its dominant position and even enhanced it.” – William Greider (Author of Secrets of the Temple. 1/15/1989)
- The Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act (S. 386): Criminalizing Our Way out of the Financial Crisis
- Financial Fraud Enforcement Act Is Being Used to Prosecute Main Street Rather Than Wall Street
- Why DOJ Deemed Bank Execs Too Big To Jail
- U.S. government played a role in creating the conditions that led to the financial crisis by establishing, and then abandoning, Regulatory Accounting Principles (DOJ is giving a walk to elite financial actors while simultaneously prosecuting middle-class pikers with a vengeance)
- Wall Street bankers play by a different set of rules than everybody else and they remain, as always, beyond incrimination
- Why No Wall Street CEOs Were Prosecuted For Causing The Financial Crisis
- Why No Financial Crisis Prosecutions? Ex-Justice Official Says It’s Just Too Hard
- Elizabeth Warren Reads Riot Act to Holder for Not Prosecuting Big Bank Mortgage Fraud
- Statutes of Limitation have run out and there will be no real accountability; it is starting to happen all over again – mortgage fraud is alive and well
- Federal Judge Asks Why Wall Street Executives Haven’t Been Prosecuted
- The Wall Street Journal Pines for the Return of Liar Loans
- There’s No Recovery Because the Government Made it Official Policy Not to Prosecute Fraud
- The federal government has been far more active in rescuing bankers than prosecuting them
- Now We Know: JPMorgan Chase Is Worse Than Enron
- Secret AIG Document Shows Goldman Sachs Role in the Financial Crisis
- Why Goldman Sachs and Other Wall Street Titans Are Not Being Prosecuted
- Former Goldman Sachs Executives Have Held Senior Positions in Governments Around the World
- JPMorgan Chase credited with launching the credit derivatives market in the late 1990s
- Warren Buffett has often referred to credit derivatives as “weapons of mass destruction”
- JPMorgan Chase Held $92 Trillion in Derivatives in 2008
- JP Morgan invented credit-default swaps, a major contributor to the financial meltdown, to give Exxon a credit line for Valdez liability
- Rockefeller Family, founder of Standard Oil (the precursor to Exxon), is Major Shareholder of ExxonMobile
- The Creature from Jekyll Island, Speech by G. Edward Griffin (video above)
- The Creature from Jekyll Island (Audio Book), [1 of 8]
- Transcript and Video of Norman Dodd Interview on the U.S. Education System and Tax Exempt Foundations
- None Dare Call It Conspiracy by Gary Allen
- The Money Masters – How International Bankers Gained Control
- Agenda 21 For Dummies